Train accidents often result in severe injuries for passengers as well as anyone around the train at the time of a crash. If you or a loved one have been injured in a train crash, it will be important to establish liability for the incident. Unfortunately, this can be complicated. At the Hayes Law Firm, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to get to work investigating your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve. Call us when you need a Montebello train accident attorney.
What can happen in a train crash?
Looking at government data, we can see that there were around 12,000 total train incidents during the latest reporting year in the US. Out of those, there were nearly 9,000 injuries and 800 fatalities. Train incidents can lead to serious injuries for anyone in and around the train. It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries in the aftermath of a train crash:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Severe disfigurement
- Other injuries that keep a victim from living their life
These injuries can happen due to derailments, sudden or unexpected movements of the train, as well as collisions (with other trains or vehicles). Victims of a train crash often face major medical bills as well as long recovery times. In many cases, a train accident victim cannot work while they recover, and they lose the income they need to support their family.
Who can be held liable for these incidents?
There could be multiple liable parties in the aftermath of a train crash. Your attorney can begin an investigation into the following;
- The train conductor/operator
- The train agency or company
- The company or agency that maintains the tracks
- The manufacturer of the train or train parts
All of these parties have insurance carriers, but they also have legal teams to contend with. In some cases, the train accident may have occurred due to the negligence of a vehicle driver. If that is the case, you may have to file a claim with that driver’s insurance carrier.
We are ready to help you through this
If you or someone you love has been injured in a train crash, you need to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You may be entitled to significant compensation for what has happened. At The Hayes Law Firm, we are going to investigate all aspects of your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Compensation for your medical bills related to the train crash
- Lost wages if you are unable to work while you recover
- General household expenses
- Possible physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the train company or agency
If you need a Montebello train accident attorney, you can reach out for a free consultation by clicking here.