Johnson & Johnson is a multi-billion dollar company that creates many products for consumers. This company creates products in nearly every industry in the country. However, Johnson & Johnson has faced numerous product recalls over the last few years. Today, the defective product lawyers in Montebello, CA at The Hayes Law Firm, APC want to discuss some of these recent recalls. We are here to help if you or a loved one are harmed due to a defective product.
Johnson & Johnson recent recalls
Johnson & Johnson is currently facing tens of thousands of product liability lawsuits. Some of these revolve around their antipsychotic drug Risperdal, opioids, vaginal mesh implants, and talcum powder. All of these can be found on the government website that tracks current recalls throughout the US.
- Risperdal – the company has faced more than 13,000 lawsuits a year for three years due to the side effects of this drug. The suits allege that the medication causes breast growth in boys.
- Pelvic meshes – the company has faced well over 100,000 lawsuits related to these meshes. They allege that the surgical product inserted into women causes chronic pain and incontinence.
- Talcum powder – the number of these lawsuits has steadily increased over the last three years. The suits allege that the talc products, such as baby powder, can cause cancer.
In June of 2019, Johnson & Johnson, along with its subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals, have been named in several thousand lawsuits for their role in the current opioid epidemic sweeping across the United States.
Earlier this year, Johnson & Johnson agreed to pay $1 billion to resolve several thousands of lawsuits related to their defective hip implants that left patients unable to walk and in unimaginable pain.
Faulty products are everywhere
Defective products happen in a variety of ways. This can include:
- Faulty designs that are not discovered while a product is being tested.
- Manufacturing errors that occur in products that can alter them from their original design.
- Labeling problems on otherwise well-designed products that mislead consumers (missing dosages or ingredients, incorrect instructions, no side effect labels, etc.).
Regardless of how a product becomes defective, affected consumers should always be able to recover compensation from negligent and careless companies and manufacturers.
We can secure the compensation you deserve
If you or someone you love has been harmed after using or consuming a defective product, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You may be entitled to significant compensation and The Hayes Law Firm, APC can help. We will get to work on your case immediately and fully investigate the facts of what happened. Our goal is to secure the compensation you need, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the faulty product
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
When you need a Montebello product liability attorney, you can reach out for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 323-477-1415.