Motorcycle accidents are responsible for thousands of injuries in California each year, and they are often the fault of other drivers. If you or a loved one have been injured and need a Montebello motorcycle accident lawyer, you can count on the team at The Hayes Law Firm to be by your side. We will investigate every aspect of your crash as we work towards securing the compensation you deserve. You should never have to fight with insurance companies to get what you are entitled to.
The motorcycle accident reality
When we turn to the California Office of Traffic Safety, we can see that there are nearly 900,000 registered motorcycles in California, more than in any other state. During the latest reporting year of data available, there were 529 motorcyclist fatalities and 15,328 motorcyclist injuries.
We know that motorcyclists are much more likely to sustain an injury or be killed in a crash than those riding in regular passenger vehicles. Motorcyclists do not have much protection against an impact from a vehicle. Even when a cyclist is wearing a helmet, we commonly see the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Steps to take after a crash
If you are in a motorcycle crash, it is vital that you seek medical attention for any injuries. Even if you do not feel much pain, go to the hospital anyway. Many motorcycle accident injuries do not show signs or symptoms for hours or even days after the crash.
In order to secure compensation, you should:
- Thoroughly document the accident scene if possible. Take photographs of damages to all vehicles and of injuries. Photograph the traffic and weather patterns, any skid marks, and all license plates.
- Gather the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses to the crash.
- Make sure the police arrive at the scene and ask how to obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Contact an attorney who can help you report the incident to your insurance company.
You need to be careful when you speak to insurance adjusters, whether they are yours or the at-fault party’s carrier. Insurance companies do not want to may large payouts and will do what they can to lower your settlement. A skilled Montebello motorcycle accident lawyer will walk you through this process.
Let us help you get the compensation you need
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a motorcycle crash that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of another person, please seek legal assistance immediately. At The Hayes Law Firm, we will be your advocate and thoroughly investigate what happened. Our goal is to secure compensation for:
- All medical expenses related to the motorcycle crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent driver
When you need a Montebello motorcycle accident attorney, you can reach out for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us.