When you go in for surgery, regardless of what it is for, do not expect any prosthetic or enhancement to cause you harm. However, that is not always the case, as we learned yet again with the worldwide recall of breast implants by Allergan Inc.
Today, we want to discuss this recall as well as other products that are faulty that you may not even be aware of. When you need a product liability attorney in Montebello, the team at the Hayes Law Firm, APC is ready to step in and help your case.
What is going on with this case
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said it has called for the removal of Allergan’s breast implants after new information shows that their Biocell implant with a textured surface “account for a disproportionate share of rare lymphoma cases.”
- The FDA does not recommend that women who already have the implants have them removed if they are not experiencing any problems.
This is a big blow to Allergan Inc. Health officials began linking textured implants to cancer back in 2011. Specifically, the disease is not breast cancer. It is lymphoma that grows in the scar tissue surrounding the breasts. This is usually successfully treated by surgically removing the implants.
Biocell implants have a textured surface to reduce slippage and minimize scar tissue, and these models account for just 5% of the US market.
- More than said that more than 80% of the 570 confirmed cases of lymphoma around the world have been linked to Allergan Inc. Biocell implants.
Recalls are a big deal
Many defective products never make it to the recall level. However, the products that are recalled span just about every industry in the US. When you look through the website that tracks all recalls in the country, you will see:
- Child safety seats
- Foods and beverages
- Cleaning products
- Prescription drugs
- And more
Products become defective for a variety of reasons:
- They have a design flaw that renders them harmful to consumers.
- They have experienced a manufacturing error that alters them from their design.
- They have a labeling problem that misleads consumers. This can include missing instructions, dosages, hazards, ingredient lists, etc.
Let us get to work on your case today
If you or a loved one has been injured or become ill due to a defective product, please seek legal attention as soon as possible. At the Hayes Law Firm, APC, you can count on our team to get to work investigating your case immediately. You may be eligible for significant compensation if a negligent or careless company or manufacturer caused you harm:
- Your medical expenses related to the defective product
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
When you need a Montebello product liability lawyer, you can reach out for a free consultation by calling at 323-477-1415.