The news keeps getting worse for Monsanto, the company who makes the weed killer RoundUp. After multiple court rulings against the company, a grassroots community organization, Moms Across America, is moving to have the product removed from major retailers across the country.
At the Hayes Law Firm, APC, we know that this case is far from over. There are thousands of pending cases concerning RoundUp. We also know that there are many more faulty products on our shelves. If you or a loved one have been injured due to a defective product, we will work to secure the compensation you deserve. If you need a Montebello product liability attorney, call us today.
What Is Happening?
People have been using RoundUp for years, but now we are discovering that one of the chemicals may cause non-Hodgkins lymphoma. For years scientists and doctors have been sounding the alarms over the dangers of the chemical glyphosate, the main ingredient in RoundUp.
Now, Costco has become the first major retailer to announce that it is removing the product from their shelves. As the lawsuits mount, we expect that other retailers will follow.
We want to point out that just because certain cases of faulty products make the news does not mean that they are the only dangers consumers need to be aware of. If we go to the government website tasked with keeping track of all current recalls in the country, we can see that there are hundreds of defective products on the market. They span every industry, from cosmetics and medicines to vehicles and appliances. A quick look at the website currently shows recent recalls for:
- Chicken products that may contain metal
- Chocolate bar with an undeclared allergen
- Asbestos contamination in makeup
The list goes on and consumers need to be aware of what they have inside of their homes that can cause them harm.
Faulty products usually happen in one of three ways:
- They have a poor design that makes them unsafe for consumers.
- They are damaged during manufacturing, altering them from their original design.
- They have a labeling problem that can mislead consumers. This can include ingredient and dosage problems, missing hazards or warnings, or improper instructions.
Moving Forward From Here
We know that you use hundreds of products each day and you expect them to be safe for you and your family. However, if you or someone you love becomes injured or ill due to a defective product that was used or consumed, please seek legal assistance. At the Hayes Law Firm, APC, we are ready to step in and help you get the compensation you deserve for all of your injury-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
If you need a product liability attorney in Montebello, you can reach out for a free consultation by clicking here or calling us at 323-477-1415 .